IM: The Hideous Golf Cart Incident

This is how The Corrupted pictures Jimmie breaking the news to Chad about his off season injury...

Jimmie: Dude.

Chad: Hey buddy. How's it going?

Jimmie: Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

Chad: What's the good news?

Jimmie: I shot par during that celebrity golf tournament this weekend.

Chad: Hang on, you qualify as a celebrity for that sort of thing?

Jimmie: Uh, yeah.

Chad: But I'm just as popular as you, and I didn't get an invite.

Jimmie: You don't play golf.

Chad: Yeah, but I COULD.

Jimmie: Uh-huh.

Chad: I'm still more popular.

Jimmie: Says who?

Chad: The Corrupted. I have a wide fanbase that you can only DREAM OF, buddy.

Jimmie: Focus, man. You want the bad news?

Chad: Sure. Hit me.

Jimmie: Well, I kinda broke my wrist.

Jimmie: Chad?

Jimmie: Chad, are you there?

Chad: What?

Jimmie: I broke my wrist?

Chad: Did golf recently become a heavy contact sport that I didn't know about?

Jimmie: No, it's still a single player and a golf club kind of thing.

Chad: Did someone club you with a seven iron?

Jimmie: No.

Chad: Did you punch someone over a missed putt or something?

Jimmie: No.

Chad: Well, then, what?

Jimmie: Ifelloffofagolfcart.

Chad: What?

Jimmie: I fell off of a golf cart.

Chad: Were you pushed?

Jimmie: No.

Chad: Was someone practicing for Watkin's Glen and got loose in a corner?

Jimmie: No.

Chad: Then WHAT HAPPENED??

Jimmie: Well, the driver took the turn too fast, and I just kinda fell off. On my wrist.

Chad: Hang on. You weren't driving?

Jimmie: No.

Chad: Doesn't anyone know what you do for a living???

Jimmie: Well, yeah, but it was a golf cart. I didn't think I needed to drive a golf cart just to prove I could.

Chad: So, instead, as a passenger, you fell out and broke yourself in half.

Jimmie: Just my wrist.

Chad: WHICH wrist?

Jimmie: Non shifting wrist.

Chad: Well, thank god for small favors.

Jimmie: I'm really sorry.

Chad: Uh-huh. I guess you aren't going to Paris now, huh? Maybe you can come to the shop and do some actual WORK.

Jimmie: Well, I'm still going to Paris. Just not driving.

Chad: So I'm stuck here working while you go to Paris to NOT drive?

Jimmie: Well, yeah.

Chad: Because you broke your wrist.

Jimmie: Yeah.

Chad: Playing golf.

Jimmie: Yeah.

Chad: As a celebrity.

Jimmie: Yeah.

Chad: Hang on...you said you fell "off". How do you fall off a golf cart?

Jimmie: Well...

Chad: Buddy?

Jimmie: I was kind of lying on the roof of the cart at the time.


Chad: Ya know what? I'm quitting. Or asking for a SERIOUS raise in the off season...

--Posted by Marissa

3 comments:

Regina Ellison said...

That was too funny. I've had a hard time visualizing the incident myself.

Vocal Minority Member of AFA said...

*jumping up and down like a crazy woman*

*running through the house screaming*

*hitting the stereo and playing at full blast," Back in the saddle again" from the Sleepless in Seattle Soundtrack*

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!


*I AM SO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*going to administer oxygen from too much activity*

hehehhehe ;)

dewjam said...

That's just how I imagained it to have happened