Quotable Knaus



Quotable Knaus...

* "We won! Our team is fuckin' goin' for the championship!"
(That'll be $5000, Chad.)

* "K-N-A-U-S."

* "You better let me down, I'm going to go throw up."

* "Drivers are pretty well set, but crew chiefs, they change
their business cards like they change their pants."

* "We just fucked ya there a bit, buddy." (So much for that Vegas race.)

* "Oh There's definitely bad days...Have you not seen us on Fridays?"

* "The 8 came in and put on tires, the 20 came in and put on tires, the 24...once they got back there, they couldn't pass; you were just like [insert Star Wars X-Wing fighter sounds here]."

* "Remember, I gotta go try and buy a house tomorrow." (Now that's motivation for a million!)

* "MY driver."

* Chad: "Jimmie, on a scale of 1 to 10, tell me how tight it is." Jimmie: "The center as I back on the gas getting going is good. The further around I get I just start to lose front grip...um...when I build my momentum up. Probably...we're on a scale of ten right?" Chad: *laughs* "Yes." (It's all about clear CC/driver communication)

* "Kevin said thanks for his lap back but could we not do that again, please?" (The zen master way of telling your driver to knock it off)

* Jimmie: "Chad, I'm loose in the corner and tight off." Chad: "Which do you want me to fix?" Jimmie: "Both of them." Chad: *snorts* "Uh, that's gonna be a little hard to do."

* Jimmie: "Mother fucking Bodine!" Chad: "Chris? Did we just get spun?" Chris: "Ah, not exactly. we got run up into the fence." Chad: "Okay, Jimmie bring it across the line." Chad [insert a voice speaking to a non behaving 5 year old]: "Jimmie? Jimmie? Jimmie? Jimmie buddy? 10-4 Jimmie? Jimmie, don't do anything fucking stupid, we're going to be here a lot longer then they are..it's not worth it."

* [After hearing Jimmie massacre the Jaws theme while approaching bossman Jeff Gordon on the track] Chad: "It's more like dun dun, dun dun...INSIDE." Jimmie: "Take two...dun dun, dun dun..." Chad: "You focus on driving!"

* [After having Chris teasingly remind him to put on a hat during a sunny afternoon in Loudon] "You're lucky I was fined for swearing last year."

* "Alright everybody, let's get up here and give a big thumbs up to Jimmie. Ryan, if ya want, you can just hold up a toe." [razzin' Dubois about his recent injury]

* "Motherfucker." [and that is why we love Chad!]

* Jimmie: "Someone needs to grab that little bastard by the ears and smash his head in." [can only be referring to Rubberhead here] Chad: "Now Jimmie, just because you are a good looking stud does not mean you can go around pickin' on other people's looks! That is not nice!"

* Jimmie (hissing in pain): "God, I'm about to die! I've have a cramp in my thigh for the last thirty laps and it's about to kill me!" Chad (kinda frantic): "Uh okay. McCRAY! GET DOCTOR (muffled) AND SEE IF HE CAN RUB IT OUT!" Jimmie (laughing): "No, Chad. I can do it myself."

* Chad: "Are you flippin' nuts or what?" Jimmie: "Yeah, most of the time."

* [Restart with Robby Gordon behind the 48] "Watch Stupid behind you. He's been jumping to the inside on these restarts."

* "I think I just got shot!" [in response to a loud noise during an interview on VL]

* Jimmie: "Smells like cotton candy in here for some reason." Chad: "Oh, I put some in there so you had something to snack on half way through."
* Chad [after the first pit]: "Bud, your tires look fine." Jimmie: "I don't listen to you, you lie to me (sometimes)." Chad: "I don't lie to you." [beat] "Unless I have to." Jimmie: "Yeah, if we were closer I would say you had horns!"

* "Because ya damn crash offa Turn 2 if you don't do that!" [in response to a question about why teams scuff tires]

* "Where ya goin', man?" [A concerned crew chief watching his driver speed by his pit box]

* [convo while NASCAR figures out who goes where when a number of cars are trapped a lap down] Chad: "Jimmie, you should hear NASCAR. They sound like that old comedy team uh... you know, they did Who's on First... (pause like he is thinking)...yeah Abbott & Costello." Jimmie: "I don't know who that is." Chad: (laughs) "Ohhhhh, before your time."

* "The 74 car is sponsered by Speed Racer.... Cool!"

* Chad: "You're killing me here." Jimmie: "It's in my job description, didn't you know that?"

* "When are you going to stop messing up speedway cars?" [after yet another wrecked car at Daytona]

* "You don't want to see the hand signals Robbie (Loomis) and I use on one another." A laughing Chad while discussing the new 'hand signals' for pit road.

* Jimmie: "I think the battery in my radio is wearing out.." Chad: "That's because you talk too much."

* "Great. Now my tire carrier has a concussion." [after Jimmie sprayed McCray in the face with his drink system, causing McCray to smack his head on the window net bracket before Darlington]

* "We just got the royal fucking of our lives." [Chad's proclamation after NASCAR hung out the 48 team with a pit road snafu in Pocono]

* "Everything ended up okay, and it was nice." [Chad's enthusiasm over winning Pocono despite odds stacked against them]

* "That's fucking bullshit." [Chad's colourful comments on a pit road speeding penalty]

* Jimmie: "Chad, I'm really impressed with your vocabulary tonight." Chad: "Yeah, I got a lot of sleep last night."

* "Do you want me to stop reading you your laps times because you slow down when I tell you how good you're doing."

* "Get that damn trophy will ya?!?!" [Several laps later, Jimmie did.]

* "If you always do what the Joneses do, you're only going to be what the Joneses are. We want to be what the Johnsons are." [Wow. That's deep.]

* "The drivers will have to step up, that's for sure. But they pay me to figure out how to make that thing go fast." [It's good to be clear on your job expectations.]

* "We try very hard to stay on top of the curve -- or just below the curve.You never want to get to the top of the hill because from there, there's only one way to go -- down." [hills? curve? Do you think Chad was a geometry teacher in a past life?]

No comments: